Friday, July 21, 2006

Too busy to turn around

Much less publish blog entries.
I feel bad when I get my hitcount update and see that there are approximately 4 die-hards out there that keep checking up on me even when I'm silent.

I installed a rain-drip watering system yesterday for the portion of the garden that is out of easy reach of our other irrigation. It is actually extremely easy and I would recommend it to anyone trying to grow plants. Other techniques I've used include sprinkler and manual watering. One's wasteful, the other time-consuming. Rain-drip is neither.

Last night, I saw a doe devouring the heads off a patch of fireweed (Epilobium angustifolium) growing by the house. Before that, when I was watering the garden, a 3-point buck bounded past me close enough I could have squirted him with water if I set the nozzle to Jet. I set the nozzle to Jet, actually, because I was a little nervous at the speed, size and the 3-points all in such proximity to my relatively tender little body. I was prepared to defend myself with a water hose if he decided to get aggressive with me.

No comments :