Thursday, January 15, 2009

Indie Music

When I first subscribed to eMusic.com I wondered if I would be able to find enough high-quality records to justify the subscription. 
I've subscribed for about 6 months now, and I'm starting to feel like I'm just scratching the surface of a deep gold mine.
Recently, because of a subscriber's poll ranking it the best album eMusic has, I downloaded In the Aeroplane Over the Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel. I was not disappointed. At all. That album is ridiculously good and unique. You will not hear music this interesting on radio.

Other artists that I've been very pleased with:
Artist Album
Neko Case Live at Austin City Limits
Radiohead In Rainbows
Zbigniew Preisner 3 Couleurs : Rouge
The Magnetic Fields 69 Love Songs
Elliot Smith New Moon
The Decemberists Picaresque
Belle and Sebastian If You're Feeling Sinister
Arcade Fire Funeral
The National Boxer


1 comment :

Momsie said...

Thanks Jame, always like to know what's new.