Sunday, July 31, 2005

Hot Enough Yet?

I don't know what the official temperature was today, but I can tell you it was hot enough. Google says it was 87 degrees, but that hardly seems representative of what it felt like.
One good bit of information I obtained was to find that my office can stay quite cool even on a hot day like today, as long as I'm not in it and running my computer. After cooking all day (for some crazy reason I decided to cook fry-bread for breakfast), the main portion of the house felt warm and muggy. Still, we had guests over and one of them asked us if we used air-conditioning; so that made me feel pretty good.
I finished installing a clothesline today. It's no work of art, but we're excited to get that fresh, outdoor scent in our laundry. And saving a few dimes on electrons doesn't hurt either.
We were like bedouin today. Staying inside all day and going out at sunset to play.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Arthur's bug is a Golden buprestid. It is a pest that attacks Douglas Fir and other tree species, or freshly cut lumber, by laying eggs on the bark or cut wood. The larvae eat their way through the heartwood and emerge as adults. If fresh cut lumber is dry, the larvae can last as long as 40 years before emerging, and sometimes appear inside a home that was built with the infected lumber.

Amboy Observer said...

Whoa! Thanks for the info!!