Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Scooba dooba doo

Despite some travails with our Roomba Discovery, I took the plunge again with iRobot and purchased a Scooba for Heidi's birthday present. (What could be better than the gift of never mopping again?)

So far we're pretty darned happy with it. The grout is so deep between the tiles, that it doesn't clean it, so we'll still have to do that manually. For the other 7/8ths of the floor though, we have an industrious little helper.

I think they've improved the AI in the Scooba as compared with the Discovery SE we had. I can't help but marvel at how well this one follows the walls and finds its way around the perimeter of any kind of obstacle.

Also note: despite the hard-sell they're doing on the "special" Clorox solution, once you open the package, you will find that a white vinegar and water solution is also approved for use in the Scooba. Heidi went to a seminar on natural cleaners and found that there isn't much you can't do with:
Vinegar, Baking Soda, Borax, Alum and Hydrogen Peroxide.
I'll see if I can get recipes up here soon.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Co-ul, I know that is a lifesaver as far as cleaning goes, yeehaw!