Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Shed Building

With my dad's enthusiasm we finally got started (and nearly finished) putting together a sheet-metal shed that I bought about a year ago to cover our well and pressure tank. Until this weekend we were staring at a big blue plastic tarp. To say the view has improved is to understate it.

We have raspberries, kiwi and some fruit trees to plant. Many have already been planted. We have deer-proof fence to erect. Strawberries, garlic and rhubarb are really beginning to take off. Heidi has turned the house into a greenhouse with hundreds of seedlings growing in tiny pots; marigolds, onions, tomatoes and more.

If we can manage to nurture all these things, we're going to be up to our ears in goodies this summer and fall.

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Far out, my mouth is watering for some tomatoes! Glad the shed is nearly done, I saw the pictures, it is an improvement.

Anonymous said...

I'm new to communicating with a blogger...I'm looking for a James Zimmerman who could conceivable be your father, judging by your apparent age in your picture. Jim was a member of a Unit Band on the USS American on a deployment to Nam in '68. We think he was from the northwest. Any chance I've hit paydirt?

scrout1944@msn.com

Bop-op said...

I will reply directly in email.