Saturday, June 02, 2007

Hard Drive Failure

Waaaah, whaa haahaaaaa!! My hard drive is ruined. Some recent photos, music, passwords improvements to my BINGO SOFTWARE!!!

Gone.

Like last years corn.

I even took it into a computer shop where they tried three separate methods of recovering the data; unsuccessfully.

What I have learned is that RAID configurations are worth it. Backups are still crucial, and trusting my blog and e-mail to Google has been among my happiest decisions of late.

There now. Lesson learned. Tears drying, life proceeding.

1 comment :

Great Grumpy Z. said...

Shortly after I got my new computer [aka, Big Daddy -- 2.6ghz AMD 64bit processor!!] with a SATA harddrive, something went terrible wrong and I thought my harddrive was gone but good. After several sessions with Uncle Ward over the telephone, I finally sent the HD back to MD and he asked a friend who had a $3K Microsoft program to try to rescue my data, which he did. When I got the HD back, plugged it in and fired up the computer, everything worked fine for awhile. Ultimately, I found out that somehow my Windows XP was corrupted {ostensibly due to some bad sector or sectors on the HD} so I reformatted the HD and re-loaded XP and have had no problems since.