Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Mushroom Hunting


We started out looking for diamonds, but soon expanded that to "whatever we can find" in the forest. As it turned out, mushrooms were a conspicuous novelty at this time of year. Arthur and Jamey turned out to be experts at identifying new varieties. I followed them around, playing photojournalist. You can see the results of the expedition on my Botanical photostream .

Halloween revelry culminated in the Fargher Lake Grange Halloween Party. Costumes of some of the guests are on my flickr photostream.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Liked your mushroom exhibit. For your information, I believe that #4 is a Morel -- allegedly a real northwest delicacy. I wish I had been along; I might have cooked one to see if it was good -- or deadly!

Oh, and FYI, #7 is that very unusual, tree-growing mushroom called "Apple".