Monday, April 30, 2007

Saw Something Nasty

At least one of my regular readers wrote to me and asked what was so nasty in the woodshed. For the answer to that, you need only rent this movie and realize I'm trying NOT to be like the Starkadders:
http://www.amazon.com/Cold-Comfort-Farm-Eileen-Atkins/dp/6304216939

When I put that phrase on my blog, it was completely fictional, more of a motto than anything. But now I may truly lay claim to having seen something nasty (twice!). Unfortunately we don't have a woodshed, so I had to settle on a slightly less romantic setting for my nasty-thing siting: the laundry room.

I know what you're thinking Mom, you saw nasty things in the laundry room the whole time I lived at home, but his is different.

My previous experience with cats, and their eating habits has led me to believe that they require their food to be chopped up into tiny pieces, perhaps soaked in gravy etc... Now, I have learned that, far from needing their food cut for them, cats (at least our sweet little Flower) are capable of catching, killing and rending the hide from a rabbit and savagely consuming it without any helping human hand.

You've probably guessed, by now, what it was that I saw in the laundry room. The first time it was really just a few puffs of fur, and an organ. The second, it was half a rabbit, the half with the back legs, and several organs, laid out as though for the benefit of students in a class on vivisection.

So there's my authentic claim to seeing something nasty. And you too, can claim a more modern, though less surprising claim of seeing something nasty on the Internet.

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

Aw man...that IS nasty!!

Anonymous said...

Eeeeeyyyyyyooooo!

Lief said...

As I said to Abby yesterday when she fiendishly attacked my finger cloaked in a rabbit finger-puppet, in my best rabbit impersonation.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Anonymous said...

Lief that is not even funny!! Yuk!

Great Grumpy Z. said...

You guys (you and your "big" brother) are a laugh a minute!

James, if you want to keep that " Saw something nasty in the woodshed" motto under your picture, you ought to update your picture to a more appropriate one showing you bending over an "air sick" bag. I'll get one for you the next time I have an airline flight.