Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Speaking of Excitement

Hopefully my last post didn't give the impression that I have no excitement in my life. I meant only to suggest that I thought it strange that I should be looking to world news for excitement. And to write it down to assist myself in deciding what, if anything to do about it.

There has been a fair bit of excitement around here lately.
  • We held a tree-sale at the Grange that was so popular, all 350+ trees were sold within three hours. It proved to be the single most effective fund raiser we've had since I've been a member.
  • I have recently made functional (though still Alpha-quality) a Bingo-party hosting program. You can track the Take, the Pot and the Proceeds; display the numbers called in large font (for use with a projector if you are hosting a large crowd); manually choose the numbers called (if you want to use another random number picker); use the built-in random number picker; generate playing cards to print (from Excel). You can use it as a tool to host Bingo fund raisers, or just play it at home. If I can figure out how to deploy it and get it to at least Beta-quality, guess what you are all getting for Christmas this year? Won't that be exciting?!
  • Both of my cacti are growing well. One, which I've had for roughly 15 years (cared for by my mother for 8 or more of those) is now sprouting it's first new segment. The other one, which I picked up from the wild has sprouted a second bud in as many years.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that the cactus is thriving under your care, I knew it would like the solar experience!

In the meantime I am saving as fast as I can gifts and trinkets for the "bingo box"!

Lief said...

You aren't saving as fast as you can...it is as if you have been saving your whole life for the day your son would build a Bingo computer program.
It is some kind of irony I tell ya.