Friday, September 14, 2007

Graham Crackers

As a child one of my favorite meals was graham crackers dipped in milk.
And the best graham crackers I knew of were Honey Maid.

As an adult I discovered Honey Maid contains the evil, nasty, dreaded and dangerous hydrogenated oils. Oh my!!

How is a boy to replace his favorite snack?

It didn't seem possible; all the other brands either had hydrogenated oils too, or were just nasty tasting.

However today is a new morning, and I have discovered a graham cracker worthy of the mantle that once was laid over Honey Maid's square shoulders. And, fittingly, the crackers are made by New Morning. I found them in Wild Oats grocery store. Hopefully you can find them somewhere because these crackers have all the delicious, light crispy goodness of Honey Maid (maybe even better flavor) without hydrogenated oils!! Oh, and they use organic grain too.

Previously I had planned a blog to rant about the idiocy of Nabisco or whoever it is that makes Honey Maid for not seeing the anti-hydrogenated-oil train coming and hopping onboard. But now I can just smile as I munch down my New Morning Honey Grahams.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Yumm, graham crackers! Definitely an appropriate brand name is better than a rant.

Anonymous said...

More regarding New Morning Graham Crackers: http://www.usmillsllc.com/contentmgr/showdetails.php/id/25