Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Swinging a Bat

Over the weekend Jamey and Arthur and I played around with a whiffle-ball and bat. I made them a tee-ball stick out of a cascara branch and gave them tips on stance and such.

We all had fun and decided to play baseball more. The last hit of the day was Jamey clobbering a home-run such that we couldn't find the ball.

Monday night Jamey was at his friend Logan's house so I thought it a good chance to let Arthur have more swings. We started off with the tee, but before long Arthur was consistently hitting my pitches and we abandoned the tee as unnecessary. Arthur was positively giddy, uncontrollably giggling, with excitement over his ability to hit the ball so well and often.

3 comments :

Great Grumpy Z. said...

Great quality time with your boys, Jame! An old quote, slightly altered: "Time spent with one's sons shall nt be deducted from Man's time on this Earth".

Your Great Grandfather Zimmerman spoke a similar admonishment to me when your Dad and Uncle H were growing up. How poorly I followed it is continually regretted as I think about the missed opportunities to fish, or hike or just "goof around" with my boys when they were young.

You are to be commended; your reward will be the memories of these special times together!

Anonymous said...

How adorable, I can hear Arthur's laughter now! Finding a baseball in a field, now that is a challenge! When I was young and we went to Dold's farm, they cut a baseball diamond in the wheat field for the 4th of July, some of the best memories I have.
Hugs and kisses to all.

Anonymous said...

Not to toot my own horn or anything but Arthur's great Aunt Margy was a fair shortstop and could throw a decent distance too...many moons ago. I used to love to play it!