Thursday, September 27, 2007

Silly and Sillier

Arthur!? Did you actually just brush your teeth with gum in your mouth?

Mmhmm.


But even sillier than that, is the fact that our Trinitron HD-TV, despite having a DVI connection in the back is, in the words of the user's manual, "...not intended for use with personal computers"

Why!!??

This is not to say that I'm ungrateful for the TV; it is perfectly nice and I appreciate having it. What I mean to remark on is only the ghastly missed opportunity of Sony to tie-in to the rapidly growing media-PC market by simply making their DVI compatible with PCs.

I suppose there are perfectly good technical reasons for this. Maybe someone will enlighten me.

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

I can't help you with the Sony question. The gum, while brushing one's teeth is so wonderfully funny. Gotta love those kids. I'm laughing, laughing. . .

Great Grumpy Z. said...

I recall that this is the same Arthur who, barely a week ago, invented a nutritional drink called "Super Swords". What is he going to call this new toothbrushing technique? "Speargate" perhaps, or "Colmint"?

Anonymous said...

I can think of millions of reasons Sony didn´t do it. Cha-ching! The tech world has baffled us completely of late. They sell tvs with 1080p, but the salesperson says that there aren´t any, or very very few things even produced for 1080p and that it will be at least 4-5 years before they are. By which time, the tvs sold today in 1080p will be dinosaurs. If this is indeed true, and you all probably know more than we do, then it is a classic case of oversell and hype. There´s a lot of that going around...