Monday, September 26, 2005

Frost, Sun & Sunny Personalities

The weather this September has been just glorious. I have to remember that summer here is July-Sept. I don't know why I keep thinking it's June-Aug, but it's not.
Yesterday, I laid down on my hillside to read, and I just about cooked myself tender. I had to seek shade in the alders.

When I discovered frost on the car last week, I scraped some off to show Jamey. He looked at the ice on my fingertips for about 1 second. Then, whipping his head up to me, his mouth opened in an excited smile, eyebrows lifted, "That means my birthday is coming!!"
What a charmer.

My whole charming crew has been away to the beach for several days now, while the tilers lay the kitchen and bathroom.
I miss them.
They will be back today, soon.
Here are a few words I keep meaning to jot down:
Arthur:
lellow
biloculars
"I knoooww!" {index finger pointing straight up, mouth open, eyes looking sideways in thought}
"meooww"
"You mean 'Baby Kitty'"

Jamey:
"I have to tell you a question"
"Do you want to play the game where you be things?"
"Do you want to play Poof?"
pom pom blower
asthma gun
eggy spiders
(note: I've purchased him a more age-appropriate video game now, and he loves it. whew!)

Heidi, doesn't like me to share her cute idiosyncrasies publicly (or privately, for that matter), so I'll just report that I've missed her. Terribly. And that is in a sincere, earnest voice. Not the "can I have another bowl of white rice" voice.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Charming, in the nicest non-white bowl of rice voice available...