Friday, September 02, 2005

New Orleans' Mayor Spittin' Mad

Quote from http://go.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=9546874

New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin blasted the federal government as emotions spilled
over in an angry radio interview, saying he was "pissed" at the lack of help the
historic city had received.

"I need reinforcements. I need troops, man.
I need 500 buses, man," he said. "Now get off your asses and fix this. Let's do
something and let's fix the biggest goddam crisis in the history of this
country."

"We authorized $8 billion to go to Iraq, lickety split. After
9/11 we gave the president unauthorized powers, lickety split to help New York
and other places," he said. "You mean to tell me that a place where most of your
oil is coming through ... that we can't figure out a way to authorize the
resources that we need," said Nagin.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping this is the end of political correctness! I love this guy.