Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Getting a Fat Pipe Baby, Yeah!

The very existence of my phone company instills a sense of awe in me that borders on belief in the supernatural. Especially when contrasted with every other phone company I've ever dealt with. Those are all dark entities in my brain from which no light, sound or even thought can escape, and so they must remain nameless.
TDS Telecom, on the other hand, is a sunny, glowing panorama, where deer graze on the slope below me while I'm sipping fresh coffee and my family is gathered around, gazing at me in obvious adoration. And I'm outdoors, high in the mountains on a cold morning, but the chill doesn't penetrate.
We live 3 miles outside of a town that only recently acquired a gas-station. We are at the end of the road. Our neighbors, on at least one side, are coyotes. And they may be wily, but I don't think they are paying for DSL service.
So to be offered DSL in our location tickled me cyclamen. Now, they are offering double the speed for the same price. So, as of 5 this evening, I should be getting something close to 3 Mbps synchronous bandwidth on my DSL. This phone company is so good I'm scared. Scared that one day I'll awaken and find it was all just a pleasant dream.
Every transaction with them has been smooth and easy. No billing errors, no long waits on the phone for customer service, which I've only had to use maybe once to figure out my router.
TDS Telecom is awesome.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Spoken like the true grandson of two Ma Bell devotees!

Granny would be thrilled with the new condition of the "long [distance] lines", heck she could be working the project for all we know. . .

Anonymous said...

I wonder if Mom realizes that TDS Telecon is not, and never was, part of AT&T.

Just so you younger persons know the background; there was a time when I used to give her a bad time by saying that AT&T was a monopoly. As if that was a bad label. She would get so angry (and I would chuckle about how easy it was to get her riled up).

So, does TDS Telecom provide any service in Renton?