Friday, December 16, 2005

Welcome to December

How can it be halfway through December already?
This month has been a whirlwind of cleaning and get-togethers. And there will be just as much happening in the second half of the month. In addition to the normal holiday bustle, I've been trying to make a go of some freelance coding/consulting/database work.
A word of advice: do not try this without a competent mentor available to help.
My flight is just starting. Still uncertain if it will be like the flight of Icarus, Lindbergh or the bumble-bee. But I guess that goes for most things.

My fat pipe enthusiasm has diminished somewhat. I realized that my connection is not symmetrical, the upload is only about 500Kbps, while the download appears to be only about 1Mbps. So, I might have to do a reversal on my prior enthusiasm.

Another Country Living Vignette
Heidi spotted an Opossum, in a tree. Dead. Frozen. Hanging by it's tail.
Are they still called "Opossum's"? I haven't heard that word spoke at me in so long, it sounds weird.

No comments :