Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I'm Baaacckk

The beach was terrific, as usual. The weather was mostly cloudy, which was probably for the best as it looks like the days were scorching here while we were gone.

I've decided that my ideal year would be something like this
2 weeks of Fall (Just for the moodiness)
2 weeks of Winter (at least a full foot of snow for the duration)
4 weeks of Spring
44 weeks of Summer

On vacation I had the opportunity to read some interesting books
  • Red Star books 2 & 3 - Really cool graphics and inventive storyline. Archangel Studios are melding computer-graphics and hand-sketches into beautiful comics. The storylines are very roughly modeled on Soviet history and include futuristic and mystical elements.
  • Cormac McCarthy's latest, No Country for Old Men. Clearly a well-written book. One that has the ability to haunt you afterwards.
  • And, I read a "readable" version of Beowulf, which was really neat. I never knew that Beowulf was supposed to have torn off the Grendel's arm! Classic tough-guy story.
Tip of the day: when going to the beach *ALWAYS* bring your windbreaker.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Good tip, OR find a beach where the wind is warm! Hee hee. If you find a place with your perfect season schedule, I will move there too. Currently I am equipped to go as far as Pluto, although I won't rule out destinations further aspace, just will need a bit more time to pack. Let me know! Moi

Anonymous said...

Thank the maker. I can stop worrying about Tsunami's now.