Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Campaign News and More

The Columbian has published their review of the 2005 Elections. Heidi's race is covered, along with some quotes.
We put up many signs last Saturday.
I found a praying mantis in the yard yesterday, but didn't have my camera to share. It's body was about 2/3rds the length of my index finger. I only saw it as it rushed across the trail I was walking, undoubtedly to avoid my footfall. It was green as a fresh blade of grass, and when it wasn't holding still, it swayed like a leaf blowing gently in the breeze.
Playing the "Animal Game" with Arthur this morning, he said:
"My a'mal has two bumps on it's back."
"Is it a camel?"
"Yes!"
"Arthur, do you know why camel's have bumps on their backs?"
Smiling, benignly, Arthur spreads his hands and cheerily replies "Because they're camels!"

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Ya gotta love Arthur's logic! Too cute for words.


Mom

Anonymous said...

You didn't ask him if he knows the difference between a boy camel and a girl camel? Margy told Mom and me the distinction when she was about seven years old: "boy camels have one bump and girl camels have two!"

Anonymous said...

I didn't know we even had mantis's, manti - whatever, in western Wasthington. I found one once in Pullman, but never on this side of the mountains. They are cool creatures.

Tom.

Anonymous said...

I thought my two-hump explanation was very logical. I am pretty sure the two-humped camel we saw at the zoo that day was a girl as she had a pink bow in her hair, so there!

MC