Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Microsoft Max - Waste of Time

I'm no Microsoft-hater. In general, I tend to think their approach must be the closest to being "right" if only because their success is undeniable.
However, I have to say today that I was suckered into trying Microsoft Max, because it was the first thing to come out of the PDC the day Scoble said something amazing was coming.

It's moves like this that earn MS the animosity of legions.
It's a photo-sharing software that is utterly dismal at loading and keeping track of where your pictures are. Each time I want to create a new "slideshow" I have to browse to the folder where I keep ALL of my photos, just because it isn't c:\documents and settings\my documents\my pictures, I have to *keep showing it over and over and over*. Actually that third 'over' is erroneous, because after two times, and finding no feature redeeming enough to justify this pain, I've quit bothering.
Who's in charge of deciding when software is good enough not to aggravate the users??
Summary: Microsoft Max = Sucktacular

No comments :