Thursday, February 11, 2010

Full Day of Fun

Not mine, mine was a fairly full day of fun. I got to so see where the kids are taking art classes and I have to say 'Wow!'. Not only are my two churning out fantastic drawings at a rapid clip, but it is clear from the 'before and after' pictures on the wall, that the institution gives fantastic instruction.

Next we got to eat out at Tan Tan, a Vietnamese restaurant with my nomination for 'friendliest waiter'. Heidi said it is her new favorite restaurant. She was able to get a veggie dish that was delicious and satisfying.

Finally, we headed off to The Jim Parsley Center, which is a public pool.
From childhood years of spending long summer days in a swimming pool, I have been accustomed to feeling like a dolphin in the water. Last night I felt more like a sea-turtle. Or, maybe this:

Next stop: driftwood.

Heidi and the children had other fun before I could join them.
First going to their Mad Science class where they played with optics and got to take home a periscope. Then on to OMSI (the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry) where they got to see themselves in infrared. The images apparently back-up what we suspected: Heidi and Arthur are cool little cucumbers and Jamey is practically a nuclear reaction in progress.

3 comments :

The Campbell's said...

Fun day!! Glad you are all well :)

Momsie said...

Love the nuclear reaction in progress simile!

Whatever they are cucumbers or reactors we'll take 'em!

Sounds like the energy flow in front of the telescope lens of years gone by.

Are you saying you were a little sluggish in the water?

Mom

Bop-op said...

After nearly ten years of never swimming, I went to an exercise session with my cousin's relatives (Soolan and Nancy). I discovered that I could not swim one length of the pool without gasping for air.

The same thing happened to me when I started swimming a few months ago with my friend Sunil. After four sessions, however, I discovered that my old rythm came back and now I feel like I could swim all day long at a liesurely pace.