Friday, December 07, 2007

Robotics

In the ongoing attempt to gain knowledge in the fields of robotics, I attended a seminar where Joseph Fernando of Microsoft gave a technical introduction to Microsoft Robotics Studio (MSRS). He was quite interesting and eloquent and has encouraged me greatly to push ahead in learning robotics.
Perhaps of even more importance is that the host of the meeting was accepting volunteers to be on their ICRA Challenge team and I have volunteered for that. This could really boost my learning curve and sounds like a lot of fun.
When I told the kids that I joined a robot team, Arthur said "Can we come?"
At the seminar, I learned of several other opportunities for kids of different ages, so I expect we'll get a chance to be involved in a lot of robotic events in the future.
When I have more time, I'll try to relate what was cool about the lecture on MSRS.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Jame!! Robotics sounds like a fertile field for a curious, innovative young man. And the possibilities that you can share with and/or work in collaboration with your boys may be the best part.

Great Grumpy Z. said...

A letter from King Arthur informed the Great Grumpy that he was awaiting the completion of his robot before he could draw me some of his "great art".

Later clarification suggested that maybe the robot will come later and the art is in the works to arrive sooner.

Great Grumpy is awaiting both results.