Sunday, December 02, 2007

Pictures With Santa


We held a "Come See Santa" event at the Grange, offering to take an print pictures for $4.50 per 8x10 sheet.
I did the photography, and struggled mightily with my shutter-speed the whole day and manged to capture about 50% blurry pictures. But, through attrition, I was able to get good shots of almost everyone.
Jamey and Arthur were great sports to let us take their pictures ad infinitum, while I practiced; it took me ages to get one in focus.
I think I'll insist on professional lighting before I undertake another portrait attempt. Two halogen floodlights provided the dominant lighting in this shot, and I'm actually tickled pink that we had them as they made the pictures one thousand times better than they would have otherwise been.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Wow, one of the few times I've seen Santa pale in a photo. Handsome young men there!


Grandma Theresa

Anonymous said...

What cute boys!!! Merry Christmas!

Great Grumpy Z. said...

I had to do a double-take on Grandma Theresa's comment about a 'pale Santa'. Then I had a good laugh! (Should have known right away!!)

Yes, they are handsome fellows indeed. Even if I am prejudiced!!

James: I think I have had the same problem getting in-focus photos in dim lighting situations, depending on my flash. I believe it is because the autofocus is not functioning in the dim light and instead goes to some default adjustment.