Monday, February 25, 2008

My Kids Have Email Accounts

My kids have email accounts, but they can't type. Meanwhile, my typing skills have seen a sudden jump in wpm.
They are so excited to send and receive messages. I remember being just like Jamey, always clamming up when it comes time to say something back. Arthur has no issues with writer's block at all. He just spews away, as fast or faster than I can type.
We have, lately, been watching an anime serial called Naruto. It is about a little spiky-haired blond boy who wants to become his village's best ninja. The show is cute and silly and has given us all a small education in the terminology of ninja. We've been exposed to the concepts of jutsu and chakra among several other terms though we're not sure at all what is authentic Japanese cultural information and what is pure fantasy.
Heidi discovered one can take a class in chakra at the community center where she takes the boys for swimming lessons.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

How are those swimming lessons coming along? And thanks to whoever types the boys' e-mails, I trust it is verbatim because each personality comes shining through.

Mom