Sunday, July 17, 2011

Inspiring Weight-Loss Documentary

I recently watched a documentary film called "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead", which was an incredibly inspiring tale of a man fed-up with his weight and health problems, who used a 60-day "juice-fast" to address his problems.

For the second half of his "fast" he traveled the US, engaging locals in conversation about food, weight and health issues, all while continuing his own "fast".

One truck-driver he met had so much in common, that he offered to help. The truck-driver subsequently accepts the offer and the second half of the film follows his progress, which is perhaps even more uplifting than the inspiring original.

Anyway, this is a film that is good enough that I feel it worth recommending:

I streamed it on Netflix.

3 comments :

Lief said...

I added it to my queue. :)

Momsie said...

Very interesting! I watched it and learned a lot.

Mom

Anonymous said...

I remember the first McDonald's in town in Sioux Falls, who knew it was the beginning of the end? There are a ton of vegetable and vege/fruit juices here in the stores, much more than sodas. Many restaurants only offer juices and tea and coffee no soda at all. Maybe I'll try and give it a go...