Sunday, March 26, 2006

New Piano

We were given a wonderful piano by Heidi's aunt & uncle. Everyone is really enjoying it; the sound resonates nicely in our plaster and tile-coated interior. Arthur's idle plinking is enough to generate exotic ambience.
I've been burying myself in work in an attempt to gain a higher level of proficiency with .NET 2.0 technologies. I'm making progress, but it feels maddeningly slow. It seems like I do everything three different ways before I settle on a technique that really works.
For excercise, I've been walkimg more; yesterday, up to the neighbor's house to ask for access to some cow-pies. He waved me on encouragingly, with a magnanimous, sweeping gesture, which seemed to suggest "take as much as you can carry". I was able to procure some patties of just the right age with very little trouble. My plan was to collect most of a bucket full of worm-filled cow-pies to seed our new worm-bin with. However, the cow began showing undue interest in me. I don't care how docile an animal is supposed to be, when it weighs that much, I just can't relax until I'm on the "safe" side of the fence.
So, the 5 or so worms that I collected will have a little worm-topia all to themselves for a while. That is, until they breed and it becomes a worm-tropolis.
So that was my walk.
Then, I hacked on some blackberry vines. But by-and-large, I need a LOT more exercise.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hey, last week for exercise, I scythed my lawn. It's getting so tall that I don't think the mower will make it through, so that justified me playing with the scythe. The very next morning I noticed a few spots that I missed, and now those are really getting jungle-like. Oh well, the scythe works even better on tall grass.