Thursday, April 21, 2005

Boomeranging anyone?

This evening, after work, I picked up my truck from Wilson's auto repair. (The starter fell apart.) And driving it home I noticed my boomerang sitting in the front seat. Well, my plan was to go back in and work hard late into the night, but the sky was clear and calm. And, we happen to have a large field right next to our house....I'm guessing you can see where this is leading.
So I started chucking it around, working out the kinks refreshing my skills, and before long all five of the neighbor girls have come to join in the fun. Then my kids come out and it's seven kids, and two moms watching me throw the boomerang. Of course, with such an audience, one tends to want to provide plenty of spectacle, which I did, to the extent that I'm wondering if my arm will ever be the same. But, no matter, everyone had an utter blast. After the thrill of watching the huge arc of flight wore off, we all began racing to be the first to catch it after it landed.
Some people might be inclined to let small children win, when it's just for fun, but not me, I think it builds character in them if they lose sometimes. I guess none of these girls watch football, because after I won the race and did something resembling an end-zone dance, they didn't even have the sense to be humiliated in their defeat. They just laughed. Kids have so much to learn.
Anyway, the upshot is that I feel Great! The excercise has put me in a terrific mood.
And, I got started on some .NET xml programming project, which should help with my programming goals while dramatically improving some of my time at work.
In particular I'm trying to use the xmlnodereader, and the xmlwriter.

No comments :