Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Coolest Newsitem

This has to be the coolest item of news I've seen in a long time:

Basically, a new development in infrared photography has enabled people to 'see' writing on ancient documents where the ink has faded from the human-visible spectrum. The result: 800 boxes of ancient writings are 'readable', which should add to humanity's collection of ancient Greek texts by 20%!!!
That is what I love about technology.

I haven't done a ton, to begin working in programming yet, but I've picked up my reading on the topic.
I have an idea that I think would be interesting to implement that has perhaps to do with RSS aggregation, or news aggregation anyway. Perhaps it will be useful to design the app using ASP.NET.
In general I'm interested in harvesting data from a multitude of sources on the web and compiling it into an RSS newsfeed.
To get started on this, I should probably practice by getting some automation back into my day job.

No comments :