Monday, January 02, 2006

Notions

I was prodded about blogging my New Year's resolutions by my uncle Earl. He's in law. (Buh-dum-bum.)
The very word 'resolution' raises alarms within me that cannot be ignored. Yet, I find myself craving to participate in this hallowed tradition. What to do? Fear not, since I am a seer of possibilities I have determined that I can participate as long as I disclaim any true intention of sticking to the ideas I put forth. Hence, instead of resolutions, I'll list my New Year's notions! These will be notions that I have about how to make this year a little better than previous years. Nothing's set in stone here. I'm not "resolute". Just trying to recognize these as decent ideas. This concept is my gift to you. I will demand no royalties or rights of any kind in relation to the usage of 'New Year's notions', so feel free to run with it.

Here's my list:
  • get more excercise
  • learn more
  • let people I love, like and appreciate know that I love, like or appreciate them as often as possible
  • avoid letting people whom I revile know that I revile them
  • spend less than I make
  • make more order than disorder
  • create an abundant garden
  • contribute my weather data to noaa and wundergound.com
  • promote world peace
  • keep a positive, can-do attitude

That's all I can think of for the moment.

The New Year's/Birthday party we had on the 31st was a success by all accounts. I can't go into much more detail, because I don't want it on my permanent record.

Of some note: I came out of semi-retirement and actually cooked some decent food, albeit saved by the mango-peach salsa Heidi bought at Costco.

Starting a new job tomorrow. Woohoo!

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

What job?