Thursday, November 10, 2005

Delta Paint Scam

Delta Paint Scam!
I have several "acquaintances" that like to paint. The paint they use is Delta acrylic paint. Thing is, every new project they paint requires several new colors. This has led one of my acquaintances, who has been buying paint for several years, to acquire what I consider and excessive collection of obscure colors. When I say obscure, what I mean is this: most of the paint in the bottle has dried up because it's only useful for highlighting Rudolph's red nose in the mid-nineties. Nowadays, people see Rudolph's nose a little darker, more cranberry-ish. I mean, is it ALWAYS glowing??
Not only is the sheer size of the collection astonishing, but it inevitably leads to absurdly frequent trips to <wide-eyed grimace>CRAFTERS WAREHOUSE, or JO ANN's!!</wide-eyed grimace>
My proposal is this: Delta should release the formula for all of their colors in 'drip-ratios'. This would save probably billions of dollars annually in transportation costs nationwide as painters throughout this great nation could save the emergency trips to the aforementioned houses of horror and actually (gasp!) Mix Their Own Paints!
I realize that Delta has some disincentive regarding this course of action, but since what they are doing is obviously and inherently evil. They need to stop it. Now. Or else, someday Google is going to index their colors and provide the conversion right on their search page. Then where will Delta be. Nowhere my friends. Nowhere at all.

No comments :